Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Next part of Alaska

So after we got back from the rafting trip I was pretty beat, so I took a nap. We had plans to meet Brian for dinner at 7. The whole group of us ate at the Japanese restaurant in the hotel. It was a lot of fun. I had some really good sushi. There was one point during the night I went to the bathroom which was out in the hallway. As soon as I opened the door and came out I could here everyone talking and laughing. We got kinda loud and crazy as the night went on :P It was all Brian's treat which was very nice.

The next morning I got up and met a couple of the guys to go on an ATV tour. That was really cool. We went to a state park and rode all around the trails. We had all kinds of trails, too. Through puddles, over big rocks, over roots, through trees... it was fun. And we stopped a few times to get pictures of the awesome views.

Later that day I had a spa appointment, which I had never done before. I got a 60 minute massage and a manicure which were both very nice. And of course the next day a pen exploded on my hand, so the nice nails looked all blue and spotty. Me and a couple other guys went to the Japanese restaurant for dinner again, and I had some good sushi again :)

The next morning we had to meet in the lobby at 5:30 to go to the airport. Everything went well flight wise. It was about a 5 hour flight from Anchorage to Minneapolis, but I just slept as much as I could.

Like I said, the whole experience was amazing. I can hardly put into words how beautiful it was. The pictures don't even do it justice because they only show a small part of what it was like.


Check my Flickr page for pictures I took as well as pictures from the rafting trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment