Saturday, June 27, 2009

Alaska

I think this has been my favorite place so far! We did a show Thursday in Fairbanks and one last night in Anchorage. Yesterday was rough. We don't have the bus with us, so we flew from Fairbanks to Anchorage yesterday morning. On a 6am flight. Which meant getting up at 4. After going to bed around 1. We went to a Denny's for breakfast after we landed, then headed to the venue. We all really missed having the bus. It would have been nice to take a nice nap in there! A few of the guys fell asleep in our little backstage lounge we make every night. I closed my eyes for a while, but didn't fall completely asleep. I think we were all doing the falling asleep head bob during the show.

Now we're all staying at a resort about a half hour outside of Anchorage for a few days. It is so incredibly beautiful up here. Robin, Marnell, Jeff, Brian and his family are all staying here too. This all is basically Robin's big "thank you, job well done, enjoy yourself" gift. We saw all of them around earlier which was kinda cool. They talked to us outside for a while after they came back from a helicopter trip. I don't know if a lot of people will recognize who Jeff is or not. Probably kind of hard to place who he is when there's no puppet with him :P

We got in around 2:30 this morning. I've been in disbelief almost the whole time I've been here! The resort is surrounded by mountains. We took a sky tram thing today up to the top of one of the mountains, and that is probably the most amazing place I've ever seen. I really mean that. Tomorrow we're doing whitewater rafting again, but this time on class 5 rapids. I'm kind of anxious about that, but I don't think I should turn down the opportunity! Hopefully I'll be back to write some more about the trip here!

No comments:

Post a Comment